Spring 2021 Athletics Facilities Rules and Regulations
Spring 2021 Rules and Regulations - Swimming Pool and Gym
While AUC operates in online-class mode, use of the AUC Athletics facilities is restricted to:
1) Students and faculty living in AUC on-campus residences, and buildings 1,2 and 3.
2) Rostered members of officially recognized AUC sports teams.
The gyms and pool have a max occupancy of 20 users at any one time, excluding AUC Athletics staff working in the facilities.
So that you always find availability when you wish to use the facilities, AUC allows you to reserve a 1.5-hour time slot via AUC connect. To reserve a slot please register here.
To use the gym, arrive in your workout gear. To use the pool, you may change in the downstairs changing rooms.
When using the facilities, observe the following:
1. Athletics staff will verify your reserved time via AUC-Connect. Show the staff member at the door the confirmation email you received from AUC-Connect to check-in.
2. Leave your AUC ID card with our staff member and take a numbered card. Return the card to retrieve your AUC ID card when you leave.
3. Keep your social distance at all times. Social distancing requires you and others to remain two meters apart at all times.
4. Use of masks is required except when actively working out.
5. No contact training.
6. No equipment sharing (“working in” with others).
7. Disinfect and wipe equipment surfaces before and after using the equipment for your own safety.
Important Note: Rules and regulations are subject to change according to the latest health advisory.
- First violation- loss of ability to register on AUC Connect for two weeks and deactivation of sticker. If an athlete, no access to the facilities for two weeks, even to practice with the team. The team captain will be informed.
Second violation- student will be banned for the entire semester. If an athlete, no access to the facilities for the entire semester, even to practice with the team. The team captain will be informed.