Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
What is the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee? (SAAC)
A Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The committee offers input on the rules, regulations, and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives. AUC SAAC's goals are to engage in community service projects, build a sense of community within each athletic team, and develop student-athlete leaders.
1. To serve as a liaison between the student-athlete population and the Office of Athletics
2. To provide an opportunity for the student-athlete population to communicate more formally and more effectively with these administrative bodies with regard to the needs and concerns of the student-athletes, especially in the areas of academics and personal well-being
3. To encourage more active involvement by the student-athletes on campus and in community projects
4. To encourage unity and common purpose between teams and among all student-athletes at AUC
Membership is comprised of at least two student-athletes from all 19 varsity sports teams.
- Serve as a voice for all student-athletes at AUC
- Promote a positive image of student-athletes on campus
- Fundraise annually for the Special Olympics
- Create an opportunity for student-athletes to communicate with the athletic department administration
- Provide an opportunity for student-athletes to assemble, to discuss, and to enhance their experience at AUC on and off the field
- Organize and encourage the involvement of AUC students on campus and in community projects
- Use team representatives to distribute information concerning the student-athletes experience to their respective team